Trending Topics

19 May 2011

Happy B'day Rusty

Being on a bit of technical/scientific side, I too believe that there must be some mathematics about beauty like the Golden Ratio or the Fibonacci Sequence to which even the nature, flowers seem to follow, I am also worried about Riemann hypothesis :-|. If you haven't heard this kind of comparison of mathematics and beauty, you're having it for the first time go stand in the corner for a while and Google before coming! So, there are some rules which are scientifically proven like attractive faces (facial proportions of beautiful people) have such and such a ratio (facial beauty and geometry) or if you keep on overlapping faces, the face you get with the greater number of overlaps the more attractive it'll be to the general public, or your blog is expected to be successful if the word count is between this and that(average word count is 100-249 words per post.), or if your writing skills are good or if your blog address character count is something fixed(we will talk about success in blogging in the next post).
So almost every thing in this world is defined with some mathematical set of rules or if its not yet, it is on the mind of our genius mathematicians, how to relate this or that event with mathematics/science.
Similar is Writing, you'll be successful if your writing is of a KIND and the circumstances are with you, I've seen novelists and writers to use great words which bind their readers with their charming effect, but there's one person who writes words as dust(in front of those great writers) but touches me and many more people like me with a simplistic approach! By chance if you are an Indian and even if you are slightly interested in written text or if you by chance just crossed the 10th grade from indian education system you know him already.
So I still wonder what drags me to his writing, from the very nursery up-to adolescence. His points of interest and articles are like what we see in our daily life, like a flower or just a lizard roaming around on his walls, his articles are so simplistic yet so powerful they attract the old and the young alike. He made me interested in reading, he was what I started my reading with, he drew my interest to books, and writing, he is like a teacher to me.
I wish him a Very Happy Birthday, may god bless him. May he keeps writing like this forever. To my teacher, my Hero, RUSKIN BOND!
Ruskin Bond with his Fans
Ruskin Bond is an Anglo Indian author based in Landour Mussoorie, He is popular between all ages of readers in India, he has received Sahitya Akademi Award and Padma Shri for his works. On 19th May 2011 he turns 77.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, suggestions and any other words are Most Welcome!