Trending Topics

27 May 2011

GeeXboX My Favouraite Distro

Some one asked me for my favouraite Linux flavour (or what is also called distro), i thought and then said "GeeXboX", amazement at his face! Never heard of this one. I asked apart from office and other work what is our best entertainment work that you do on your computer.... I guess internet, videos audio, fb. And this distro does all of your audio, video and photographs part without even keeping all your graphics card, loads of widgets on all the time. And that malicious code eating on to your invaluable resources too cant work on this linux in the background. Best part - Being Linux its highly customizable, put your movies or audio in there which auto plays as cd is inserted, just get some of your audio/display drivers so that it works well, boot it from your USB key or just pop it in and bring snacks ad fall back on your Lazy-boy. Its minimalism attracts me so much. The first time I used it it was a mere 8 MB download, the latest stable is not too big mere 19 MB, comparable to your favouraite VLC!
GeeXboX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, suggestions and any other words are Most Welcome!